8.5.08

Don't fall for it

If it's true that if you stand for nothing, then you'll fall for anything, then Obama supporters may be easier to beat in the general election should it come to that. I didn't think the Democrats were united on anything until I read Nicolas Kristof in the NYT today talking about their common fear that Roe v. Wade might be overturned. I wish pro-life people in the 70s would have known to be so afraid!

He brought up a point that gives me heart a little rest: that 9 out of 10 of the past presidential election winners were also the first to be nominated by their party. My heart only gets a little rest because, let's face it, the US government isn't that old. It's not like predicting lunar cycles or something; everything is new and different. Let's pray.

No comments: